To stay at the Ronald McDonald House of Temple, families must:
- Have a patient 21 years or younger that is being treated at a Temple area hospital.
- Children under the age of 18 MUST be accompanied by their parent or a legal guardian.
- Live more than 25 miles from the Ronald McDonald House located on 2415 South 47th Street, Temple, TX 76504.
If you meet these qualifications, the next steps require you to:
- Obtain a referral from your child’s assigned hospital case manager / social worker.
- A referral is not a “reservation” and does not guarantee availability; all referrals are submitted to Ronald McDonald House Charities of Temple (RMHC Temple). RMHC Temple conducts a formal criminal history background check on all individuals applying for temporary residence at RMHC Temple. The safety of all Ronald McDonald House (RMH) families is very important to us. RMHC Temple reserves the right to refuse admittance to any potential resident or guest with a criminal conviction. RMHC Temple does not admit anyone with a criminal felony conviction that may threaten the health, safety, welfare, and ability of other individuals to peacefully enjoy the RMH (e.g., violent crimes, domestic violence, child abuse, sex offenses, illegal drug activity, burglary and/or theft). RMHC Temple also will not admit any individual who provides false, incomplete, or misleading responses during the formal criminal history background check. RMHC Temple also reserves the right to expel a guest for any other inappropriate, irresponsible, or criminal behavior that takes place while temporarily residing at the RMH.
- Once the referral is received and verified, the family is placed on a waiting list for their arrival date. Rooms are assigned based on the severity and stability of the child’s condition, and distance from home. Families are asked to contact RMHC of Temple staff concerning room availability prior to arrival. Occupancy limits per room range from 1 to 6 people depending on room.
- All adults staying at RMHC Temple must present a photo ID and complete the registration process prior to receiving accommodations.
- Guests under the age of 18 must be supervised by a responsible adult at all times. Rooms are provided for the purpose of keeping families close to their seriously ill or injured child during treatment. It is expected that families will spend the majority of their waking hours caring for and supporting their child.
- Upon check-in, families will receive our Guidelines and Expectations and a task check out list that must be completed. All families are required to sign a compliance agreement indicating their acknowledgement of our Guideline and Expectations.
- Families gain considerable support from other guest families experiencing similar hardships. In order for every guest family to have a positive experience, guest families who do not observe the rules will be asked to check-out.
- Upon a child’s discharge from the hospital, families must visit the RMHC of Temple office and begin the check-out process prior to leaving.
- Families must complete the check-out tasks noted in the Welcome Booklet; tasks include thoroughly cleaning the room, sweeping and dusting, cleaning the bathroom and emptying wastebaskets.
- Room key cards must be returned to the front desk. If key cards are lost, there will be a $25 charge per key.
- A suggested donation of $20 per night is encouraged upon check out.
- The Ronald McDonald House does not have a housekeeping department. All families are required to clean and maintain their rooms on a regular basis. The expectations and House rules are explained upon check in.
Additional Guest Services
- Large laundry room with supplies provided. Please be respectful of others when using the laundry room. Do not leave your clothes in the machines if you will not be able to finish your load within a reasonable amount of time.
- Breast Milk Storage–A freezer is located in the large laundry room for guests to store expressed milk.
- Free guest Wi-Fi throughout the House.
- Van Rides – A van provides transportation to and from the hospital five times a day. A van schedule is provided upon check-in.
- Secured outdoor playground.
- Indoor playroom with video surveillance.
- Two kitchens with attached pantries for guest use. Meals are frequently prepared for House guests by outside groups or persons.