Careers with Ronald McDonald House
Weekend Manager Job Description – Posted 08/30/2021
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Temple, TX is a home away from home for families with children who are being treated at local hospitals. We are currently looking to fill a part-time weekend manager position with hours from Friday at 5:00pm / 5:30pm to Sunday at 5:30pm for the fifth weekend of the month (when this occurs) and to fill in on other weekends as needed.
Position includes active evening coverage of the House from Friday evening through Sunday evenings.
The weekend manager is responsible for the safety and smooth operation of the Ronald McDonald House of Temple during non-business hours. The weekend manager reports to the Director of House Operations and / or Executive Director.
Position requires valid driver’s license, background screening, excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, and proficient computer skills, i.e., Microsoft Office programs.
Guest Admissions and Relations
- Processing guest rereferrals, including conducting background checks, confirming reservations, and updating admissions waiting list.
- Process guest check-ins and check-outs.
- Assist families with needs, questions, and other special situations, with a warm, friendly attitude and while providing a safe and comfortable atmosphere.
- Provide daily activity reports to the Director of House Operations, Executive Director, and other relevant staff.
- Communicate and enforce House Rules and Guidelines.
- Provide transportation to and from Hospitals for families.
Other House Operations
- Welcome outside groups and conduct tours.
- Perform and/or supervise evening House activities of outside groups and volunteers.
- Supervise community service volunteers on premises.
- Accept, record, and process donations per donation policy.
- May be required to clean rooms for new guests should the House be at or near full capacity.
- Keep kitchens stocked, supplied and clean for families.
- Make two to three inspection rounds per shift, checking for water leaks, damage to building, and potential maintenance issues.
- Report to Director of House Operations any maintenance or repair issues, supply needs, and any abnormal incidents that arose during your shift.
This job is ideal for someone who is: dependable – more reliable than spontaneous; people-oriented – enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects; and adaptable / flexible.
If interested, please send your resume to Leilani Kitchings at Leilani.Kitchings@rmhc-temple.org. RMHC of Temple is an Equal Opportunity Employer.